Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Forgotten Popjewels - Part 1














Yesterday I sat down and went through some old music-magazines, and discovered so many artists and songs that I had forgotten all about until yesterday. And then I came up with the brilliant idea of making a special here on CTOS. A special I would like to call Forgotten Popjewels - Part 1.
Some of these might only be known to other Swedes, but hey, that doesn't mean you can't give them a chance! Enjoy!

Trybe - We Are Invincible
Trybe were formed in 2000 and no other than, Jörgen Elofsson, wrote and produced their debut-single, 'We Are Invincible'. Sadly they never entered the top 60. Trybe consisted of two young girls and two young boys, just like the A*Teens who were enormously popular at that time. And maybe that's why Trybe never really made the public or charts. Anyway, this song is too poptastic for me not to post.

Eagle-Eye Cherry - Save Tonight
The very cool Eagle-Eye, brother of Neneh Cherry, had a massive hit with this single. It became popular all over Europe and even entered the British charts. Who knew Englishman had taste! It was released in 1997, and 9 years later it still sounds up-to-date and fresh. I never get bored with this song.

Lucy Street - Girl Next Door
The three young girls in Lucy Street were quite talented. They played their own instruments, and they actually sang live when they performed. Rare these days! :) 'Girl Next Door' was their debut-single and it became a hit immediately. The video was spinning on the musicchannels and the single sold quite well. In 2000 the song peaked at #3 on the official chart. They released one album and two other singles. Since then.. it's been quiet!

Star - Heaven's On Fire
I have not much to say about this group, 'cause I don't know much about them. Only that they were four women, dressed in colourful, skintight leather. This is a cover of the old Kiss-hit, and I quite LOVE it. Covers are usually never good but I'm not a fan of Kiss, so I like this better.

Please leave a comment after downloading the songs. We would appreciate it!

5 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Donal Skehan said...

Loving the Trybe song! Did they have anything else? Did you ever hear of 5th Avenue?

The last song is a bit too rocky!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

I will post another song by Trybe next time, since you liked them. It's a bit different though.

HEY! Nothing is too rocky! :P

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

I own a Trybe-single but that was relased in 2005. Can't be the same group then? It's very poppy but still doesn't sound much like 'We Are Invincible'.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

It is the same group, with one less member.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger kevin (ru) said...

Thanks for discovering Trybe and Lucy Street (what a sweet "middle 8")!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home