Monday, January 02, 2006

Gayest tunes of Sweden

Happy new year people! With exciting debut albums by Marie Serneholt, Linda Sundblad, Anna S, Nouveau Riche, West End Girls, Pay TV and Linda Bengting, and new albums by The Knife, Marit Bergman, Bodies Without Organs, Da Buzz, Darin, Bosson, The Sounds, Ace of Base, Swingfly and NG3 we’re guaranteed a great pop year, so let's get started.

Nouveau Riche – Oh Lord
This is the new project from Dominica who used to be in Army of Lovers, and the ex-boyfriend of no other than Alexander Bard, Ulrich Bermsjö. ‘Oh Lord’ is the debut single, and it actually sounds exactly like something from the Army, but more modern and electro. A couple of weeks ago it went top 10, but just the week after it has mysteriously disappeared out of the top 60.

By the way, this is what the absolutely mad Dominica answered when she was asked why she is in Nouveau Riche: “Me and Ulrich formed the group because we love each other. I don’t want to be a popstar again”. Hm.

Leana – Dance With A Stranger
Like we all know Swedes are quite known for their good English. That’s why I find it weird when a Swede leaves for California for more than 10 years and comes back knowing less English than most Swedes who lives in Sweden. Or am I mad for thinking she sounds like an Eurovision-artist from Eastern Europe? Anyway this was the official Pride-song in Sweden this year (earlier performed by the likes of Nina & Kim and Alcazar). And the song is, just like her English, very Eurovision.

CTOS Classic: Consoul – Do You The Right Way (1997)
After a very interesting discussion in the PJ messageboard it was concluded that Swedish boybands is a rarity, with this being the only one. And now we’re talking pure boybands with silly outfits and dance routines. And no, Herreys doesn’t count. ‘Do You The Right Way’ was Consoul’s biggest hit, though it wasn’t very big peaking at #18. It’s a nice pop song which you will like if you’re a fan of boyband-pop.

Bonus: What If

8 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

Consoul wasn't the only Swedish boyband actually. There were four other guys, who was hotter and better.. in every way! :)

I'll upload a song by them next time, lol!

And I don't think Leana's English is that bad. You must be confusing her English with her not-so-brilliant-voice.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Donal Skehan said...

Lovin the songs and the new site! One problem though do you have to use rapid share? It drives me crazy!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Actually Alex, I think a remix of the Leana-song where her voice got speeded up got her English to sound bad. I'm currently listening to the version I posted and I guess I was wrong, hehe.

Oh my god! Another boyband!? What a shock! I'm very excited to hear a song from them, haha.

I'm glad you like the site Donal, and I agree with you, Rapidshare sucks. But do you have a suggestion for a better place to upload songs on? Can't seem to find any better.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Donal Skehan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

Yeah, the files are online for soooo much longer and you can see how many times they have been downloaded. Which is fun for Chris and me to see.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Donal Skehan said...

yeah i guess thats cool! ok i'll shut up now!

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Alexander said...

Nah, it's nice that you comment on things.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

Love how a song called Dance with a Stranger is a Pride song. "Shag a stranger" more like.

I too share the Rapidshare disgust because someone else in my office keeps downloading stuff! It's just not on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home