Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I made him pregnant

Arash feat. Helena – Arash
Is it becoming a trend to have a self-titled song!? First West End Girls, and now the new Arash-single is simply called ‘Arash’. It’s a nice ballad which have grown to be my second favourite single from Arash this far. The video for it is extremely cheesy, having Arash being a “pimp” in a house full of girls, and then in the end he does an “emotional” Bollywood-ish goodbye with a girl which cracks me up every time I see it on TV. Very funny. You can click here to watch the video. Now, to sum up, if you’re a fan of Eastern European pop music you’ll love this, if you're not you’ll still like it ;).

Bonus: Temptation – This is an early version of Arash’s biggest hit to date, which, with exception from a bit in the end, only features Rebecca on vocals. It also features some cool motor-sounds in the background that didn’t make it to the final version of the song. The actual single version of the song is much inferior to this version!

Frida Hyvönen – The Modern
Every time I hear something innovative in music I get a special feeling inside of me. Especially when it belongs to a the genre which I’m normally not very ‘into’. Using only a piano Frida succeeds to take the singer/songwriter genre to a whole new level. Actually she sounds like nothing I’ve ever heard before. And the lyrics are pure brilliance. As I understood it, it’s about Frida who makes her boyfriend pregnant, and then he gives birth to a word which represents love and the modern. How brilliant! If you like this one you should definitely buy her album, most songs are at the same standard as this one.

CTOS Classic: Teddybears Sthlm – Yours To Keep (2000)
I’ve been to a couple of their concerts and I own all their albums, so you can certainly consider me a big Teddybears Sthlm-fan. With electric sounds and fun lyrics they manage to make hip-hop sound great (which is a great achievement alright). They’ve always had a rather mixed sound, changing a lot from song to song, and when they collaborated with Paula Åhlund, who at the time was the girlfriend of one Åhlund of the band (there are a few), they went electro-pop! The song could be described as a mixture between Annie and September, electro-disco with other words. And it’s energetic in a way that t.A.T.u. were in the beginning of their carrier. Obviously the Teddybears were like 4 years ahead of their time when they released this, so unbelievably it only reached #48 in the single chart, which might be one of the biggest pop crimes in Swedish history!

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

I LOVE THE MODERN!!!!!!


And Arash!!!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Gia said...

Greatt read thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home