Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I need a seven, or maybe eleven

Martin Rolinski – How Deep Is Your Love
It’s Martin from BWO! Solo! Before he joined BWO he took part of the third season of Popstars, which was in search of a solo artist. Every week the contestants released an EP with different themes, Bee-Gees being one of them. So here is Martin’s quite rather lovely of ‘How Deep Is Your Love’.

Play – Seven
Popblogs like
Popjustice and Into The Groove have both stated that Play were bad, and well, I’m now gonna state the opposite - Play were brilliant! Okay – they did some goddamn awful covers, but if you look deeper you can find lots of great pop songs. Just download ‘Girl’s Mind’, ‘I Must Not Chase The Boys’, ‘Every Little Step’ and ‘Disco Hippie’ and hear for yourself. ‘Seven’ is from their third studio album “Don’t Stop The Music” and really is a proper pop song. First of all I love songs with numbers in it, cheesy I know, but I do. And second of all is the melody along with the production very catchy. And third of all are the girls’ voices strong which always is nice. Play-tracks has been covered too actually, twin-duo Twill covered ‘Is It Love’ from Play’s first album. If you’re a regular reader you’ll know what song I’m talking about since I posted it last summer.

Bonus: 2 Blocks Down – an Alexander bard-penned track from their second album. The lyrics are a bit shit but the song’s still very good.

CTOS Classic: Christian Falk feat. Demetreus – Make It Right (1999)
Christian is a well-respected producer/songwriter here in Sweden, who has worked with artists like Robyn, Titiyo, Stephen Simmonds and Neneh Cherry plus many, many others. He has also released some albums on his own, featuring different acts on vocals on each track. ‘Make It Right’ is from his debut album “Quel Bordel” which was released back 1999, and I actually mimed to this song on a Christmas-show at school as a kid back when it was popular. You could describe Christian’s albums as a mixture of house, pop, R&B and jazz. Christian’s new single will feature Ola Salo (from The Ark) and Robyn on vocals, and the song will premiere on Swedish radio this Saturday! Something tells me that it can’t be anything other than brilliant!

Recommendation: Go to the brilliant popblog
Spark*Pop and download the new West End Girls-single with the same name. It’s the best new single of the year so far! Also the new popblog Don’t Stop The Pop includes a couple of (rare) SwePop-tracks.

(Sorry for not finding actual mp3's of the Play-songs, I hope wma’s will do.)

8 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Aaryn said...

Thanks for the compliment!

You already know im a fan of CToS hehe

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Robpop said...

Yes thanks for the compliment!

I got some more Victoria on the website.

But I really wanted to say I've heard 1 of the Robyn+Christian Falk tracks. I think its called DREAM ON and its fecking AMAZING!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Robpop said...

She'll also be singing with The Ark tommorow!!!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

No problems guys! You deserve it.

I haven't heard a song with Christian and Robyn called 'Dream On', but they did an amazing job on a song calld 'Remember'. Heard that one?

"Girl On The Run" is such a great pop album. Too bad she didn't get to release another album. Did you know I'm live in Skellefteå too?

I know!! I'm hyper-excited to hear what they've done together. It will be truly amazing!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger kevin (ru) said...

Hey, Play were very classy! I'm proud that I discovered them some time ago.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

Its a very uplifting track. Robyn basically says "you wont be down in a gutter somewhere...so dream on". It doesnt sound like ANYTHING Robyn ever done. Very cute. Slightly electric. Really happy vibe. I got it from a friend and I hope its on the new Christian Falk album.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

Its a very uplifting track. Robyn basically says "you wont be down in a gutter somewhere...so dream on". It doesnt sound like ANYTHING Robyn ever done. Very cute. Slightly electric. Really happy vibe. I got it from a friend and I hope its on the new Christian Falk album.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Sounds VERY interesting! Do you mind sending it to me? I'd love to hear it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home