Saturday, January 28, 2006

Living on air is easy

Barbados – Summer In My Heart
If you didn’t know already, Magnus Carlsson’s (from Alcazar) old band Barbados is still going strong! And guess what? They’re still 100% poptasticness! ‘Summer In My Heart’ is their latest single, and it’s so ecstatic your head might explode. Really - it’s your new anthem through the cold and boring winter, you can’t help but smile while listening to it! I also think this could be a worldwide summer-jam if it was covered by some dance-act.

Lutricia McNeal – It’s Not Easy
I know Lutricia isn’t really Swedish, but since she’s lived in Stockholm for a few years and I think she’s a Swedish citizen, I’m gonna feature her here. And the fact that ‘It’s Not Easy’ hasn’t charted anywhere else but in Sweden that’s reason enough to post it. It peaked at #3 which is her highest peak since ‘Ain’t That Just The Way’, and I think that was well deserved since it’s a very beautiful ballad.

CTOS Classic: The Sounds – Living In America (2002)
When I a few months ago tried to put together a list of my favourite Swedish singles since the year 2000 this song made it to number 9. It may be a rock song, but is still very very good. I’d call them a mixture of Blondie and The Killers, with an electro-rock production and the singer’s quite shrill voice. And as for the lyrics, well, you could choose to see them from a euro-poppers perspective, and be happy not to live in a country full of rap and Nickelback. Or something. At least it’s not a diss on the States since The Sounds have toured there a lot, and released this particular song as a single.

They have a new single out here at the moment called ‘Song With A Mission’ which isn’t near the brilliance as this, but hopefully the new album called “Dying To Say This To You” will include some crackers as the last one did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home