Sunday, January 22, 2006

Male electro-duos pt.1

This is a new feature on CTOS. I will present to you all the amazing male electro-duos Sweden has, because 1) I’ve already featured all girl-duos like West End Girls & Cat5, and 2) they are literally dominating the underground pop scene here. A fair warning to you all out there though; hold onto your hats - you might find your new favourite group here!

First up is Le Sport - my second favourite of the duos. They began releasing music early last year under the name Eurosport, but because the tv-channel with the same name weren’t too happy about them sharing the name they changed it to Le Sport. Since then they’ve released around ten songs digitally and on EP’s.

I admire them because they’re proud of being pure euro-pop, and are not trying to be “indie cool” and such even if they are on an independent label. In interviews they keep coming back to how much they love euro-pop, and they once said that the Aqua-albums are masterpieces. You can’t go wrong with a group who thinks that now, can you?

Le Sport also has a quite funny gimmick, which basically is to seem gay. Lot’s of their lyrics are about wanting to have sex with men and such. For example they have a song called ‘Show Me Your Penis’. Both of the members claim that they’re fully straight though.

Tell No One About Tonight – The “hit”. The video has been shown quite a lot on Swedish music channel ZTV, and has gotten some airplay on P3 (Sweden’s Radio 1). It reminds me of early Depeche Mode, with the catchy synth-sounds in the background. It also was #8 in my “unpublished” top singles of 2005-list.

Your Brother Is My Only Hope – My favourite song of theirs. The lyrics are a bit blurry, but I think it’s about being in love with someone brother. It’s one of these songs that might not be that instant, but once you actually do get into it you’ll love it! The chorus is so catchy it gives me shivers.

Eurosport Music Baby – This is a fine example of their “homo-erotic” lyrics. Once you hear it it’ll speak for itself. It keeps cracking me up every time I to it – “I know how it feels making love to a woman, and now I want to feel the touch of a man” – brilliant!

As I mentioned before they’ve only released EP’s and mp3’s to date, but an album with the group is on the way. They were also nominated for an P3 Guld-award, one of Sweden's most respectable music award shows, but sadly they didn't win.

We’ve also changed place where we upload the songs from Rapidshare to zShare. Please let us know which one you prefer!

7 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Brian W said...

Looks like the links are all busted--fishy quotation marks!! Eek!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Argh! Why does it keep getting like that!?

I'll fix it right away.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Robpop said...

I love this group!

I've also changed from Rapidshare to Zshare. Im uploading a Scandipop classic tomorrow in the very beautiful form of the Jonas Hedqvist.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Robpop said...

I love this group!

I've also changed from Rapidshare to Zshare. Im uploading a Scandipop classic tomorrow in the very beautiful form of the Jonas Hedqvist.

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Robpop said...

Ive added Dream On with Ola, Christian and Robyn

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

Thank you so much for changing from Rapidshare. It was doing my nut in.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

The Ark are amazing! I wonder if they will release anything new this year.

I will upload the Jay-Jay songs tonight! Check this space..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home