Wednesday, January 11, 2006

They got that lovelight!

Lena Philipsson – Det Ringer På Min Dörr
This is my favourite song off the new Lena Ph-album. It’s a pure, happy (at least the production, I can't excactly call the lyrics happy) pop song which has to be a single. The lyrics are, like in most other Lena songs, damn funny. The first lines of the song goes “I’m walking alone in my house and waiting, only me and a song of Barry White, and he’s singing that he’ll never leave me”, which is rather brilliant! It’s a song like this that was missing on her last album, “Det Gör Ont En...”.

Daniel Lemma – Lovelight
I’m usually not a fan of reggae. At all actually. I’m not going to explain why, but it just doesn’t appeal to me. This however, is a really good reggae song! It’s sang by Daniel Lemma who before this has been a one-hit-wonder here in Sweden, having only one hit a few years ago called ‘I Used To Love You’. I hated that one though. ‘Lovelight’ has that one ingredient which actually is appealing in reggae – it puts you in a good mood. That is probably because of the extremely catchy chorus, or Daniel’s happy voice.

CTOS Classic: Robyn – Say You’ll Walk The Distance (2001) / Darin – Walk The Distance (2005)
One of Robyn’s finest moments is this very, very beautiful ballad called ‘Say You’ll Walk The Distance’. It was featured on some soundtrack for an American movie, but was surprisingly not released as a single. It’s written by the Swedish king of ballads, Jörgen Elofssson, who for example is responsible for the Agnes song I posted a while ago called ‘Right Here, Right Now’. It was also covered by Darin for his latest album so I uploaded his version too.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Aaryn said...

I love me some Robyn... hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home