You've heard about song and you've heard about dance
The Ark – Girl You’re Gonna Get ‘Em (Real Soon)My favourite group with guitars around is The Ark. An amazing band who’s released three brilliant albums so far. This song is one of their best in my opinion. I absolutely love the riff and there are some amazing 'aaoow'-bits in the chorus. The lyrics are great in an aggressive teenage-revenge kind of way, and I love the end where Ola (the singer and songwriter of the group) sings that all men are cheating monkeys, but that "this monkey tells the truth when he says, girl you're gonna get 'em real soon". It’s coming from their latest, and also my favourite, album of theirs called “State of the Ark”, which is electro-rock at its best. Why ‘Girl You’re Gonna Get ‘Em (Real Soon)’ wasn’t a single will always be a mystery for me, as it has huge hit potential. I also saw The Ark live this summer, and apart from one with Robyn, it was the best gig I’ve ever been to!
Bonus: Deliver Us From Free Will
Cat5 – Stretch & Bend
This a song off the upcoming debut album from the ace girl-duo Cat5. It’s a cheeky and slightly arrogant number about how Cat5 want their boyfriend to be perfect, both with the personality and physically. With other words it’s a type of song you never want your partner to play for you and go “there you are”. The chorus is also, like every other Cat5-song, very catchy.

CTOS Classic: The Knife – Listen Now (2003)
In celebration of the fact that one of my favourite groups The Knife is digitally releasing their new single in about a week (yayness) I’m posting one of my favourite songs off their last masterpiece album “Deep Cuts”. It’s not up there with ‘Heartbeats’, which has to be one of my favourite songs ever, but is definitely an amazing song. Plus – it includes the line: “When you lay down on the kitchen floor, it was the happiest moment for a long long time”. The pictures above are from the video for the new single which is called ‘Silent Shout’. How utterly exciting!!
5 Comments:
There are some extra "curly" quotes around the filenames that are breaking the links to the mp3s today...if anybody's having trouble just try copying the URL and pasting it in place, then cleaning off the extra stuff.
I'll modify that right away!
The ark is my favorite band ever!! Do you know any other similar bands (other than Melody Club, the Mo, and the Callahan)??
There's a norwegian band called Don Juan Dracula who sounds a lot like Melody Club and The Ark (with less guitars)!
You can read about them in my blog (in German - but there are also some links to MP3s included):
http://coast-is-clear.blogspot.com/2005/12/don-juan-dracula-norwegischer-glamour.html
I love Don Juan Dracula! They're my favourite Norweigan band with exception from Surferosa. 'Dancing Queen' is my favourite by them.
I'm sorry Brian but I can't think of any others than the ones you mentioned.
Post a Comment
<< Home