Monday, February 20, 2006

Cheese factor 10!

Ann Winsborn – Smile
Here at CTOS we heart Ann Winsborn. Very much, actually. And we probably won’t stop raving about her until you guys have understood what a brilliant popstar she is. Her latest album “Pink Collar Crime” was the best bubblegum pop album of last year, being pure pop perfection. ‘Smile’ is just one of the many great songs on there, but I chose it because it’s extremely poppy and happy – exactly the kind of song that I know you, the viewers, appreciate. It’s almost disgustingly cute, being about a crush, and includes the lines “like a thousands of butterflies has come alive inside of me” and “my heart fills with sunshine” – the perfect anthem for the spring with other words!

Mathias Holmgren – Ett Ljus För Dig
Long time since you heard a brilliantly crap pop song? Well then this is just what you need. ‘Ett Ljus För Dig’ is cheap, plastic and extremely gay. Kinda what Gareth Gates would sound like if he did euro-disco. If you recognize Mathias’ name it’s probably because he competed in Melodifestivalen last year, and like many other ace popstars from Sweden, is a former participant in Fame Factory. It’s overproduced, 80’s-ish, and includes a key-change – therefore quite ace! If you love this you should, like I did last week, definitely buy his poptastic album “Vägen Hem” here.

CTOS Classic: Fame – Like The Sun After The Rain
The debut album from the schlager/pop duo Fame is a hidden pop gem - it's highly underrated. There are some really good pop songs on there, ‘Like The Sun After The Rain’ being my favourite. It’s a lovely mid-tempo which was planned to be a single but strangely got cancelled and replaced by the not as good ‘The Way You Love Me’. You can’t really go wrong with a song like this once in a while!

Bonus: Om Du Var Här


There are some new links up to the right. Be sure to check them out. If you have a blog about pop music, leave a comment and we'll add you.

5 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Blogger Fop said...

Thanks so much for these!!

Incidentally, do you know where I could buy the Ann Winsborn CD from? You've made it sound quite essential. All the places I find online are in Polish - any tips?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Chrille said...

Mathias rocks! Have you heard the entire album, Niels? It includes lots of great songs, 'När Dom Tror Vi Har Förlorat', 'Tidsmaskin', 'Älskar Älskar Inte', 'Och Bara Med Dig Är Jag Hel' and the remix of 'Långt Bortom Tid Och Rum being my favourites.

Actually Alex ordered my copy of "Pink Collar Crime" for me on some Polish site (thanks again Alex) so I got no clue how to! Maybe you shoule take Billy's advice and check frequently on Ebay.

'Smile' sure is awesome! What are your other favourites? Mine are 'Wings of a Butterfly' and 'Someday'.

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Fop said...

Thanks Chris - I got PCC on eBay! Cheap too - $14.99 which really is an absolute bargain. Thanks for bringing the Winsborn into my life! I also think she should represent Monaco at Eurovision this year with "Smile" even though I know Sweden or Poland would be the more likely country for her to represent. Monaco would be perfect though...

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

Bought the album too!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Somebody told me Ann actually sent in some songs for this years Melodifestivalen but didn't make it. I find that a bit weird as lots of songs that are competing are lousy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home