Don't bore us.. get to the chorus!

Without ABBA, Roxette and Ace of Base I doubt there would have been any great interest in Swedish music today. These bands delivered/deliver pure, brilliant pop in all its glory. I feel it's time we reminded everyone how it all started.
ABBA had their big breakthrough in 1974, when they won the Eurovision Song Contest with "Waterloo". They brought pop into the contest, and the contest became more popular the following years. Today ABBA is one of the biggest popgroups ever, something each Swede is highly proud of.
Enjoy pop at its finest moments!
The Winner Takes It All
Anyone who doesn't agree with me when I say this is the ultimate popballad, every songwriter would have wanted to compose, should put a bag over his head. This is one of ABBA's most amazing songs, with fantastic vocals by Agnetha. I almost cry every time I hear this!
Slipping Through My Fingers
Yet another ballad (sorry), but I love this too much not to share with everyone. It's featured on their last album, which also is one of their best - if not THE best.
Over to...

ROXETTE's single "The Look" made them famous all over the place, in 1989. And followed up with the platinum-album "Joyride" in 1991. Since then they've been topping the charts, doing big world tours, selling 45 million albums, 25 million singles.. Quite impressive for a Swedish band! I recommend you all to get "The Pop Hits" and "The Ballad Hits", which are two great compilations of their greatest tracks.
Released in 2002 and 2003.
Sleeping In My Car
This is the perfect pop/rock-track that you can't resist to sing along to. At least I can't.
Milk And Toast And Honey
One of Roxette's newer songs, released in 2001. A beautiful ballad, one of their very best ballads. I don't know whether this was released everywhere or not. If you've missed it, here's a chance to hear it.
And finally...
ACE OF BASE still hold the world-record of selling 23 million copies of their debut-album. They topped the charts with tracks such as "The Sign", "All That She Wants", "Lucky Love" etc. They've released five albums (one GH included) to date, their last one was released in 2002. And a new one is expected later this year. Or maybe next year. We'll see!The Sign
Yeah, you have all heard this. An AoB-classic which made them top the charts everyone even in America.
Impressive!
Always Have, Always Will
Possibly my favourite AoB-track ever. It's motown, it's catchy like nothing else, it's joyful.
It's Ace of Base and it's perfect.
Yeah, you have all heard this. An AoB-classic which made them top the charts everyone even in America.
Impressive!
Always Have, Always Will
Possibly my favourite AoB-track ever. It's motown, it's catchy like nothing else, it's joyful.
It's Ace of Base and it's perfect.
6 Comments:
Roxette and AOB are in my top 5 fave bands! PAY TV is also a part of the top 10! YaY swedes!
Ooh I used to love "The Sign" when I was a little kid. And I still do - I guess I must have had good taste in music even back then!
Always Have, Always Will is the perfect summer song. Am I right in thinking that Ace of Base covered Cruel Summer too and hence my thinking AHAW is summer.
I heard a rumour from William Orbit that madonna covered an abba song during the Music sessions - it was either Slipping or Like An Angel... obviously i didn't hear it from WIlliam directly, i read it in an interview with him ;) Will be posting some swede pop on my new blog site soon! Click my profile!
They are in my list of fav bands, specially ROXETTE, the perfect duo. They will back in october with a Greatest Hits and a Rox Box. We will also be able to hear two new songs recorded this year and at leats, a new video which is being shooted this week by Jonas Akerlund...
The new Roxette single is called One Wish, up-tempo song that it is sung by both Marie & Per...
Post a Comment
<< Home