Sugar rush!
Anna S – Perfect LoveThis song was previously posted on Alex’s last pop blog Catchy Tunes but for those who missed it here it is again. It’s written by the guys in Da Buzz, and is just as cute as her debut single ‘I Need You’ – if not even cuter. A perfect pop song by a perfect popstar. I can’t wait for her album to be released!
Carola Szücz – It Was You
This song competed in the Estonian pre-selection for the Eurovision Song Contest this year, though it was performed by the Swedish girl Carola Szücz. Swedes competing for Eurovision in Estonia is actually a quite common thing, Sandra Oxenryd (also the winner of last year’s Fame Factory) actually won this year with ‘Through My Window’, and previous years Swedish popgroup Charizma and the brilliant popstar Sahlene has participated. Though Sandra won I actually preferred this song - ‘It Was You’ is a great The Corrs-influed schlager track which I predict will be a hit here in Sweden too. Normally Carola, who also has competed in Fame Factory, make dire country-music but after a few flop-singles I hope she’s realised this type of music is what she should make.
CTOS Classic: Lucy Street – Pick Up The Phone (2000)
We posted a song called ‘Girl Next Door’ by this group a while ago, but ‘Pick Up The Phone’, which was their second single, is just as good. It’s one of those charming pop songs about low self esteem and how thing will turn out alright. Why did this group have to leave Pop Heaven!?
For more Swedish sugary pop music you should visit Into The Groove which has both the mp3 and video for the almighty Marie Serneholt’s (who officially is my new favourite pop star) amazing debut single.
2 Comments:
"Pick Up The Phone" was never a single.
1. Girl Next Door
2. Loves Me, Loves Me Not
3. 2 Minutes Too Late
:-)
And Niels, we will do better.
I think Sweden will have at least one song in the top 10 since we're having at least three songs competing (Switzerland, Estonia & of course Sweden).
I think the Swedish people have understood that dull music, like Stenmarck, don't do well in Eurovision, so a great danceable pop/schlager-song will win.
Post a Comment
<< Home