I'm going straight to hell!
Sebastian Karlsson – IndifferentI hated ‘Do What You’re Told’, the debut single from Sebastian, who came second in the second season of Swedish Idol. Yet I had faith in Sebastian to make a good album since he is quite an ace popstar. I was only half right, the album includes a handful of good songs, ‘Indifferent’ being one of them. It reminds me a lot of ‘Calleth You, Cometh I’ by The Ark, with the bells and catchy chorus. It’s actually produced by the same guy who produces The Ark, and on top of that Sebastian’s voice is quite similar to Ola Salo’s. You’ll like this, guys, believe me. If not, then just pretend it’s The Ark and you will!
Firefox AK – City To CityNew ace electro-act alert! New ace electro-act alert! I actually don’t know much about Firefox AK at all, since she haven’t “properly launched” yet, but since I’m going to a festival next weekend where she is playing I downloaded a couple of songs by her, and to my surprise they were great. ‘City To City’ is an infectious pop song with a fabulous production and wonderful vocals, and will be loved by all electro junkies out there! Her album got great reviews, and one in particular I remember describing it as "what Belle & Sebastian would sound like if they were produced by The Knife", which is a fair describtion.
Bonus: Madame, Madame – her current single. It's being played quite a lot on MTV Sweden at the moment.
CTOS Classic: Lena Philipsson – I Believe In Miracles (2000)
Lena Phlipsson has done a bloody amazing job hosting this year’s Melodifestivalen, and I’m really going to miss her after the finale tomorrow. Apparently she’s going to do a song where she’ll make fun of all the participants, which probably will be hilarious. This is a song she recorded as a soundtrack for a movie which in English was called “Life is a schlager” (yes – we even have movies about Melodifestivalen). It’s a great pop song which in a perfect world would’ve been huge.
4 Comments:
Happy St. Patricks day!
What's St. Patricks day?
Explanation at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Patrick%27s_Day
Thanks! We don't celebrate that here in Sweden.
Happy St Patrick's Day to you too!
Post a Comment
<< Home