Waiting for the sound to clear our minds

Da Buzz – The Echo
This is an expensive week for me. Dub Sweden, Linda Bengtzing and Da Buzz all have new albums out, and then of course the Melodifestivalen complication! The one I prioritised most was the Da Buzz-album though, so that’s the only one I’ve bought this far. If you’ve heard any of their earlier albums you know exactly how this one sounds too, they haven’t changed much. Joyful pop-dance music with simple love-lyrics. It’s not quite up there with the brilliance of September’s latest album, but is still really quite good. My favourite song after the first listen was ‘The Echo’, which pisses over the title track ‘Last Goodbye’. Seriously, how come they chose that one over this? It has to be a single in the future. Remember to support one of the longest remaining pop acts, who are determent to stay pure pop despite all other trends, by buying this great album here or here.
Bonus: Tell Me No Lies – I was really torn between going for ‘The Echo’ or this one, because they’re both quite brilliant, so I had to post this too.
Emilia De Poret – Everywhere
If you’re an Into The Groove regular you probably caught the great song ‘Mistreat Me (You’ll Be Sorry)’ by Lia Andreen. Well, Emilia De Poret is the same person, but is nowadays releasing under her real name. I bought her latest album a few weeks ago after having a friend going all mental over it. It wasn’t really my cup of tea, but I fell for this nice little ballad. It’s one of those songs you’d like to fall asleep to in the hammock in the summer, or have on your mp3-player when you go fishing. The lyrics are very philosophic, including the lines “close your eyes and see, the side of wild horses running free”, “when it seems like your dreams got to light dust in the air, reach for me” and “it’s the rising of the sun across the sky”.
CTOS Classic: Dilba – Every Little Thing (2002)
Ah. How I love Dilba. She performed at the very first concert I went to, and has released some of the greatest mid-tempos of the last decade, and ‘Every Little Thing’ is basically one of them. I’m in a hurry at the moment so I can’t write more on her now, but I’m sure she’ll be featured on here more times. Or if you want to do some research yourself, why not look her up on Google?
1 Comments:
Ah I always buy what I download eventually!
Post a Comment
<< Home