All hail Midi, Maxi & Efti!

I’ve previously stated that some of the greatest girlbands in Swedish pop history are Ai and Popsie, but this group beats those two by miles, and therefore is the best Swedish girlband ever!
Bad Bad Boys ("hi it's me, if you know what I mean, I said it's me")
Ragga Steady ("every boy I meet in town tell me I'm the girl they want")
The story behind the group is short. Midi & Maxi Berhanu, who are twins, along with Efti Teclehaimanot gets discovered by pop genius Alexander Bard, who decides he wants to make an album with them, despite them being utterly talentless, only 16 years old and sound like they were going to fall asleep, but then again you know Alexander. He teams up with Per Adebratt (Ace Of Base, Inner Circle (he wrote 'Sweat A La La La La Long'), early Aqua) and Anders Wollbeck (the “invisible” member of Vacuum who recently became a proper member I think, recently wrote ‘Negotiate With Love’ for Rachel Stevens) and writes some of the finest choruses in pop history, gives them to the girls who adds rap verses (which by the way makes Ace Of Base look like Shakespeare) about important issues like dancing and staying positive. And the outcome is absolutely brilliant! Listen to ‘Bad Bad Boys’ once and you’ll clearly hear where a certain group called Fannypack got their inspiration from.Their biggest hit became ‘Bad Bad Boys’ which reached #11 in Sweden, and also became a minor hit in the USA (bigger than anything other Mr. Bard has been involved in). ‘Bad Bad Boys’ was also featured in one episode of Beavis & Butthead (which you can watch here). The two follow-up singles, ‘Ragga Steady’ and ‘Masenko’ criminally failed to reach the top 20, and shortly after the group split.
If you ever go to Sweden and find their album, long forgotten in some record shelve, be sure to grab it because it's a classic. Their album is a masterpiece which has to be in all SwePop-lovers’ CD collection. Seriously.
Now let’s watch a video with them!
2 Comments:
Otherwise known as fierce! Love Titiyo too
Wow I remember Midi, Maxi& Efti from 1992 with Bad Bad Boys...I have that Maxi CD!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home