Sunday, April 09, 2006

Don't put your heart in a box

Paris – You & I
I’m still loving the latest Paris-album, despite listening to it way too much since it was released late last year. This is the latest single release from it, and damn it’s catchy! You’ll probably see this one placed high when I update the SwePop 2006 list in a few months. Love it.

Firefox AK – Habibi / ASSID – Habibi
When I first listened to the brilliant Firefox AK album I missed out on this song, but after seeing ASSID’s (pictured right) version, which is the original one, of the same song on a music channel, I realised what an absolute masterpiece this song is! Firefox’s version is more poppy electro-cute while the ASSID-version is more The Knife/trance influed. Personally I can’t pick a favourite since they’re kinda compensating each other.

ASSID has a couple of other electro-stompers up for free on their website. I’m especially liking ‘Heavens Collide’ (wouldn’t it be great if BWO covered that song?), ‘Do It On The Floor’ and ‘Cool Cat’.

CTOS Classic: Lambretta – Blow Up My Fuses (1999)
Even though Lambretta began to work with Max Martin on their second album, I always liked their first album the most. And ‘Blow Up My Fuses’, which was their debut single, never got beaten as my all-time favourite Lambretta song. It probably even is my all-time girl rock song too! Linda, who is fronting the band, will release her debut solo album later this year, and judging from the description (electro-pop a la Gwen Stefani) it'll be genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home