Thursday, April 20, 2006

I do recommend you to take my hand

David Lindh – Dare (If I Fall In Love)
This was the most played video on Swedish television a couple of weeks ago, and P3 (Swedish Radio1) has played it a lot, so I’m expecting this to get high on the single chart. It’s really catchy, and the lyrics are awesome! “Lady friend, understand, I’m trying to be a gentleman. I do recommend you to take my hand”. I spent the first 20 listens of this song to figure out what song it sounds like, and walking home from school I realised it’s the da-da-da-bit in Infinite Mass feat Linda Sundblad’s ‘She’s A Freak’ it’s very similar to. But I’m willing to look past that, because it’s damn catchy and poppy, so don't get his "looks" and "image"fool you not to download it.

Mikeyla – The Lie
Mikeyla could be described as a bit darker version of Marion Raven, a bit like a one-member The Vanillas. ‘The Lie’, which is her second single, has a very powerful chorus which you won’t be able to dislike. The lyrics are, like mostly is the case in girl-rock, about bitter love. Brilliant! Mikeyla got discovered by competing in Fame Factory in the same season as Linda Bengtzing and Sandra Oxenryd.

CTOS Classic: Popsie – Rough Enough (1998)
I mentioned Popsie once last year, and they were basically too good not to mention again. ‘Rough Enough’ was their second last single, and also became their second biggest hit (after ‘Joyful Life’). It’s, like the title suggest, slightly more rough than their other songs, but still just as catchy. It also had a fierce music video which was shown a lot on the music channels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home