I'm a popstar, I love myself
Montt Mardié – Prom Night (Sporty Fred Remix)I love sad disco stompers. Like ‘Crying At The Discoteque’ with Alcazar, or ‘Dancing With Tears In My Eyes’ with Ultravox. Well, this is the newest in the ‘gang’, and it’s really quite good. What’s a bit funny about this song, though, is that it’s becoming a big hit in the cool indie clubs, despite the fact that it’s so obviously pure euro-pop. Funny how they (ie the indie clubs) would touch this and not anything by BWO, don’t you think? Anyway, I love it. I love the catchy chorus, the high-pitched vocals, the brilliantly cheesy teen-lyrics, and the poppy electro-production.
You should check out Montt Mardie, he is a brilliant popstar. He recently released his debut album “Drama”, which includes several poppy, melodic, danceable and catchy highschool-themed songs, and an excellent English ballad version of Håkan Hellström’s ‘Kom Igen Lena’. I highly recommend it, so go on and buy it here.
Cat5 – You Go Girl I don’t think I’ve come across a pop act so desperate to be cool as Christina and Hanna in Cat5. Everything about them is just so damn cool! Their image, sleeve graphics, interviews, hair styles, clothes, and even the music is so enormously cool. But luckily the music is not only cool but good. It’s hypermodern indie-disco with kitsch lyrics and ace vocals, very likeable with other words. At least it’ll do until (or if) Pay TV decides to release an album later this year. ‘You Go Girl’ is about them growing up, getting back-stabbed by their friends, the indie music business, jealousy and things like that. Very fierce, I love it. Buy!
Bonus: Skipped A Beat – Beautiful electro-ballad. Or mid-tempo might be a more suitable name. Anyway – it’s really good.
4 Comments:
Alex/Chris: I have no idea how you guys do it but your insight+blog are quite brillliant!
Excellent
I thought Cat5- Sexy was pretty good but this song is better and catchy too.
Thanks a lot!
Glad you like the songs.
Post a Comment
<< Home