Mother’s got a hairdo to be done
West End Girls – SuburbiaAs the third single from the new generation of teen pop cover groups West End Girls, they’ve chosen to release one of my absolute favourite Pet Shop Boys-songs – Suburbia. And although I absolutely love the original, I think the “Petshoppers” makes the song justice. The chorus is simply one of the best in pop history, and it suits well with the new electro-poppy bubblegum production.
I’m From Barcelona – We’re From Barcelona
Get ready for a song you might have on your brain for the rest of your life! Because this is possibly even catchier than ‘In The Sand’ (which I posted a while ago). I’m From Barcelona is an indie act who can be called an A*Teens for men over 40. They’re ridiculous, yet “cool” to like. They’re a Swedish choir actually, with over 25 members, and their debut album was released a few weeks ago, which I unfortunately haven’t heard yet. Their songs are about collecting stamps, riding a bike all day, late summer nights, having glasses and other nonsense. ‘We’re From Barcelona’ was their debut single, released earlier this year, and it became quite a hit!
Bonus 2: The Painter – don’t give up on your dreeeams, boy! Don’t give up on your dreeeams buddy!
CTOS Classic: Popshop – Careless (2001)I’ve been aiming to post this song for an extremely long time, but somehow kept forgetting about it. ‘Careless’ was the second, and best, single of Popshop, a pop band who released a couple of singles and an album back in 2001, but unfortunately flopped. And that is a shame since ‘Careless’, along with a handful of their other songs, is a masterpiece! The singer in Popsie, Cornelia, competed in the first season of Idol, and ended at number five. Last autumn it was reported she’s working on an electro-pop album, and from the snippets they played it sounds promising.
1 Comments:
LOVE this!
i just keep playing it on loop!
rocking me careless.......!
Post a Comment
<< Home