Thursday, June 01, 2006

Disco extravaganza

The Paper Faces – Disco Boy
Do you miss Melody Club? And The Mo? Then The Paper Faces are something for you. They do jolly electro-softrock with strong melodies. Though they sound a bit more ‘British’ than the groups earlier mentioned. Like they’re really trying to sound indie, but, like most Swedish ‘rock’ bands, they end up being pop anyway. It’s incredible! But, I appreciate it, and I think you do too. I’ve actually had ‘Disco Boy’ on my iPod for months now, but didn’t find out that they’re Swedish until a couple of days ago. It sounds like something off the new Sounds-LP, except miles better. You can download two other brilliant songs of theirs on their website (you should - they really are good). Are The Paper Faces the “next big thing”? Purchase!

Andreas Lundstedt – Lovegun
Both Alcazar-boys' solo singles has done really well in the charts. Magnus’ debut single ‘Let Livet’ debuted at number one, and his current one called ‘Mellan Vitt Och Svart’ is currently at number two. Also this, which is Andreas’ debut single, went straight to number one a couple of weeks ago. While Magnus decided to go into the Swedish schlager-pop genre, Andreas decided to stick with disco. So no – it’s nothing like Six4One. Thank God! Oh, and it’s even gayer than Alcazar. And I didn't even think that was possible. My favourite line is "Down down down on my knees baby, please baby, fire your love gun!" Purchase!

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Adrian said...

I loved Lev Livet but didn't warm to Magnus' 2nd single. Hurrah for Andreas and the disco.

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Andreas track however it aint as good as his ex'es first two tracks. According to my mate in Malmo LoveGun is actually a double a-side...I only have LoveGun tho.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Yeah, it's an a-side along with 'Nightlife', which I haven't heard either. But I'm planning on buying the single later this week, so I'll let you know what I think of it then!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger mordi said...

what was the point of alcazar splitting up when this is pure alcazar- even down to it's 'do you think i'm sexy' sample.
not brilliant- but not bad either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home