Have I been gone too long?
Charlotte Perrelli - Gone Too Long
You all remember Queen Charlotte, right? The amazing singer who won Eurovision back in 1999 with pink outfit and gorgeous backings. This is a song from her latest album (released 2004), it has also been recorded by Gloria Gaynor but I prefer Charlotte's of course. If you listen carefully you can actually hear Anna Sahlene doing backings.
Jessica Andersson - Kalla Nätter
Remember Fame who represented Sweden in Eurovision 2003? Well, this is Jessica's solo-debut. It finished 5th in one of the semis of Melodifestivalen this year, despite this being an utter amazing poptrack.
Lena Philipsson - Det Ringer På Min Dörr
The new single from Lena, and this could be the summerhit we've been waiting for. It's very fresh and I can imagine myself laying on the beach listening to this, checking out hot guys and asking them to ring my bell.
Lisa Lindebergh - One Week
This is an old favourite of mine. It was released sometime in 1997, I think, but it still sounds pretty up-to-date. It's very catchy and summery. Apparently someone called Sandra Morey has recorded this too. If you know who she is, and have her version of the song please let me know. I'm dying to hear it.
That's all from me folks. Enjoy the weekend! Hope I've brightened it a bit.
Picture: Jessica Andersson
7 Comments:
Alex+Cris..great selection of tracks you've had in recent weeks(well months..well years) All loaded up in my ScandiPOP ipod and gonna bask in the British sunbeams(Summer is here!) with Charlotte and Amy! Gracias!
Or Tack!
hallo. excellent blog you got here, I enjoyed browsing through all of your past posts...very informative and the music is amazing.
I was wondering if for a future update, if you happen to have Isabel's (short lived artist in Sweden I believe) 'Like Snow in June', may you please upload it? I know it was released way back in 2002, but I see that you've shared music from artists popular several years ago. Thank you so much and I'll defintely be visiting frequently.
-ranny (^:
Isabel wasn't Swedish though. You might confuse her name with Izabelle who released two singles.
Anyway, I do have the song by Isabel you mentioned. I've uploaded it on youSENDit.
Download here:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=469706552C7A93DF
/Alexander
LOL! f'real?! haha, whoops, I assumed she was an artist from Sweden cos I found a link to her video on Youtube.com and I thought that the channel it aired (from the logo on the left that shows the artist and title of the song) was from Sweden...like a music channel of sorts.
Here is the link I found her video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0reueRj0CE&search=like%20snow%20in%20june
Do you happen to have that version of it? Thank you so much for your help, Alexander and keep up the great work on your blog, soupacool!
Isn't that Viva-logo? That ain't Swedish.. German, I think.
I'll look for it.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=5E7431351D80C32C
That's the version you're after.
Thank you so much Alex, you're too cool 4 school. lol. Man, Sweden sure has some great music. I am a fan of BWO, The Knife, Da Buzz, A*Teens, September, all amazing groups, really.
'The Knife' I think just recently released there new single off of Silent Shout called 'We Share Our Mothers Health' and it surely is unique and so ahead of our time. I hope you know of them, if not, check them out! Thanks again for your help!
-ranny c:
Post a Comment
<< Home