They're a work of pop art
Zeigeist – Tar HeartThe electro-beat sound exactly like Robyn’s ‘Who’s That Girl?’, the chorus sound like Kate Bush’s ‘Running Up That Hill’, some of the synths remind me of New Order’s ‘Bizarre Love Triangle’, and the girl sound exactly like Karin Dreijer of The Knife. So much that it’s almost acceptable for either one to sue. But it’s still a good electro-pop song. I like it, and something tells me you will too.
Zeigeist is a new popgroup (consisting of one girl and two boys) from Gothenburg who got quite hyped earlier this year when ‘Tar Heart’ leaked and was told to be a song from the latest Knife-album. Similar to Army of Lovers they don’t play any instruments on stage, and are working just as much with the group’s outfits and image as with the music. All the members also share a love for art, which you can see in pictures from their live shows. You can check out some more tracks by Zeigeist on their Myspace. And be sure to remember their name! I predict big things for these guys.
Evan – Under Your Spell This didn’t quite catch me on the first listen, probably because the first time I heard it Evan was performing it, and he’s quite awful live. But while listening to it on the Melodifestivalen-CD I’ve realised what a masterpiece it really is! I absolutely love the production with all the synths and violins, really powerful, and Evan’s voice is wonderfully overproduced. He has a couple of clips from his upcoming album on his website, and I think it sounds really really promising. Looks like we have another great pop album ahead of us.
1 Comments:
For Melodifestivalen, Evan wore a very natty chain which went from his back under his crotch to a belt loop at the front. It was cool and a little kinky.
Post a Comment
<< Home