Monday, June 19, 2006

» This song is not for you

The Sounds – Tony The Beat (Push It)
When listening to The Sounds' latest LP [buy] I totally misjudged this song, thinking it was a bad song, but after hearing it a couple of times on music television channels, since it's the new single, I’ve realised its brilliance. I’m loving Maja’s voice on this track, and the chorus is very catchy. Hopefully this song will boost the album-sales a bit, since they haven’t been very good this far (probably due to the crap first choice for a single). This makes me believe I should consider re-listening to the entire album again since I might’ve misjudged it all?

Otur – Self-Titled Novel
Remember Cat5’s previous group The Lightbulb Project? They’ve been featured on both Fluxblog and Into The Groove earlier this year. Well, the only remaining member of the original line-up recently went solo and released an album. It’s following in the veins of Lightbulb Project, being cute electro-pop, and there are a couple of good songs on it (even though it’s not nearly as good as the Cat5 album). And while Cat5 are singing ironic lyrics about taking their jeans off and shaping their man into the man, Otur (which is the Swedish name for Bad Luck) sings about deep and philosophic things. You could call her a cuter version of Sophie Rimheden (music-wise, that is). ‘Self-Titled Novel’ has grown to be my favourite song on the album. The chorus is very infectious, and you get a rather cosy feeling while listening to it. [Buy]

Bonus: I Want – It’s like a mixture of The Knife’s ‘Na Na Na’ and Norway’s entry in Eurovision Song Contest this year. And it’s like the ultimate grower, increasing from being enormously mediocre at the first listen to fantastic at the fifth listen. Give it a chance!

Oh, and the Pet Shop Boys concert was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. As well as the afterparty held by West End Girls. Martin Rolinski (singer in BWO) was standing just beside me when they (ie West End Girls) performed! And Neil Tennant a few metres away. With other words; slightly too many ace popstars in the same room (which by the way was really a small one) at once for a pop obsessed guy like me. They had cheap beer too. I had a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home