Saturday, June 17, 2006

» You will survive!


People have been telling me lately UPDATE!!!, and the reason why there hasn't been one for some time is lack of inspiration. I want to find music you haven't heard for a while or at all. I'm still searching, but until then here's a few songs that will settle your demands (hopefully).

Alcazar - Save My Pride
This is one of Alcazar's most rare songs. It's a hidden track on Alcazarized but it's also featured on Dancefloor Deluxe. It's a great, camp, joyful and catchy tune. And the chorus actually reminds a lot of BWO's "Temple of Love". Maybe Bard lacked some inspiration himself when he wrote the later one. ;)

Velvet - In & Out of Love
Jenny (Velvet) is without a doubt one of Sweden's best popsingers. She has a very strong and quite dark voice, and that's what I like about her. She doesn't sound like everyone else. And the voice is just perfect for her music. She didn't win Melodifestivalen this year, but surprisingly "Mi Amore" has become a hit in Sweden and in parts of Europe. What a good sign for her future!

Leila K - Electric
I won't write much about this gal, 'cause frankly I know nothing about her! I did however read in a newspaper a couple of years ago that she's nowadays homeless. That was very sad to hear, and I hope she's doing better now. "Electric" is a Swedish classic. Leila wrote it with Denniz Pop and Max Martin. And the gorgeous, wonderful, fantastic Jessica Folcker is singing the chorus on this one (Double up!)

Leana - Faith (Lenny B.'s Faithful Radio Edit)
A while ago Chris posted the official "gay pride theme" of 2005, by Leana. It was called "Dance With a Stranger". It never became popular among the gays of Sweden because it simply wasn't gay enough. Here's another song by Leana, which I find very good. Dancy!

Oh, and if you haven't already noticed our Shoutboard/Tagboard to the left, check it out now and leave us a message or whatever. It's always nice to know who our visitors are!

4 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

Yikes, I thought the Leila song was rubbish. But I'm loving Alcazar and Velvet.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

Thanks again!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear!! That Velvet track is a total rip off of the track by Uniting Nations Out Of Touch.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Pop Boy said...

Loving Leila K. It sounds a lot liek Portobella's 'Covered In Punk'. Ok, not a LOT like, but the similarities are there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home