Friday, July 07, 2006

» Male electro-duo

Hi everyone! I’m not dead. Just like last year, there will be a lack of updates from me during the summer because I’m living with my dad, and he has a bad modem. But I’m home now for a couple of days, so I thought I’d compensate by making a theme post with six summer hits from our lovely male electro-duos. Hope you don’t mind having so many songs in one post!

The Similou – Play With Us
This was the third single off their debut album “So Hot Right Now”, and is also my favourite song on the album. Yes – I even like it better than ‘All This Love’. The chorus is sublime, and there are some amazing police sirens in the end of the song. That along with the usual electro-pop aceness of The Similou makes this song pretty damn good.




My Darling YOU! – Please Don’t Talk To Me I Fall In Love So Easily (Mr. Pedro feat. Funky Fredd Remix)
I posted the original version of this song as a bonus a couple of months ago, so I think it’s only fair for it to be in focus, because it’s such a great song. This is an even more poptastic & danceable version of the song, completed with a comedy rap bit and some amazing disco beats. My Darling YOU! also have a new EP out in a couple of weeks, which is called “My Heart Beats Too Fast For Our Friendship To Last”, and will include five completely new songs. Let’s hope they’re in the same pop quality as the previous ones.

The Tough Alliance – 25 Years And Running
TTA released a new EP a couple of weeks ago, and just as the album released last year, it got extremely hyped. The critics has gone mental for it, as well as several Swedish music bloggers. Deservedly so, since I think the EP is sensational. I can’t quite put my finger on why but I get a slightly euphoric feeling while listening to it. I think it might be the bizarre vocals, which I love. And, of course, the strong tunes that are both catchy and discotastic. ’25 Years And Running’ has to be TTA’s poppiest song to date, and it’s officially my favourite song of the summer. Download; it’ll make you happy.

Also: Watch the summery video for their new single ‘Silly Crimes’ on YourTube here, and some of their old ones here, here and (their best one) here.

Three Is A Crowd – Standing In A Corner
This is another male electro-duo I haven’t featured yet, basically because they’re not as good as the others, but they have a couple of crackers, this being one of them. TIAC (which is what everyone calls the group) is usually too indie for my taste, but this song features some weird but interesting vocals, and a catchy ‘nanana’-bit sang by children which brings the pop to the song, so I ended up liking it.



Le Sport – Chemical Drugs
This is the new Le Sport single and it’s wicked. The lyrics are rather controversial, being about the fact that drugs make you happy. I don’t know if they’re being ironic, political or just want to be provocative, but whatever their mission is the result is mighty fine. It takes a couple of listens to get into, but once you have you’ll have it stuck in your head for hours! I’m also very much recommending their album, which you can buy here.

Also: Watch the brilliant video for ‘It’s Not The End Of The World’ set on an air plane on YouTube here.

Lo-Fi-FNK – Adore
Basically another lovely masterpiece off Lo-Fi-FNK’s brilliant debut album “Boylife”, which is my third favourite Swedish pop album (behind BWO and The Knife). I wasn’t sure whether to post another song off it since I’ve already posted quite a few in the past, but I couldn’t just leave them out while featuring all the other male electro-duos since they're one of my favourites!

Also: Watch the rather weird music video for the coming-out anthem 'Steppin' Out' on YouTube here.

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Rånny said...

Chris, I just thought I'd let you know that this is: THE. BEST. POST. EVER. lol. srsly. I love TTA, and I agree about their new EP being very euphoric, I love 'Silly Crimes'. I just got to listening to The Similou and I loved them too, I also like 'Boogie Down' and that 'Intermission' track is marvellous too! Umm, Lo-Fi-FNK, I've yet to listen to them a bit more, but so far, its great!

Lets see, oh and Le Sport...I've only listened to 'Chemical Drugs' off of their myspace, and I liked it too. Go Svenska!

PS: You should've included The Embassy. They're great musicians as well.

PPS: If you know of any other artists with the same electro-synth-pop inspired music, please let me know! I can't get enough of it.

PPPS: Keep up the great work, I love your blog--and this comment is way too long; sorry!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

:D Glad you like the post! There are some more electro-pop coming up (from the likes of The Knife, Zeigeist, Radio Dept etc.)

There are lots more male electro-duo's in Sweden, actually. Of those not featured in this post, Gentle Touch and Unarmed Enemies are my favourites. I have MP3's with both duos, so if you're interested of having some I can send you.

I loved The Embassy's first album, but I don't quite enjoy the latest one. Perhaps I should re-listen to it?

Chris xx

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rånny said...

oh! absolutely, perhaps we can swap songs of artists that we might be interested, I know some french and japanese electro-pop groups too, they're ace. my email addy is randerzoid@sbcglobal.net. its actually on my blog i think, can't remember, but I am really enjoying this type of music. Its so catchy, fun, and great for the summer! lol.

I have 'Tacking' from the Embassy. I am not sure if thats their latest, I'll check into it though. Thanks again, Chris!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home