» Father I've been touching myself
First of all, click here to watch the video for the last The Knife-single in a while :(. The song is fairly good (personally I had picked ‘Neverland’ or ‘Na Na Na’ as the last single, though) but the video is their weirdest one to date. Hurray!
Sally Shapiro – I’ll Be By Your Side I first heard of this song when it got an amazingly good review at Pitchpork (a site which by the way often gives Swedish pop good reviews), so I decided to check it out, and was far from disappointed. In fact, it’s my favourite song at the moment! You could Sally describe it as a more commercial version of Otur, making sweet electro-pop, though I’d rather compare her to Kylie and Kate Ryan in their slower moments than, as in Otur’s case, heavier electro like Goldfrapp or Cat5. But the perfect description for the song would be italo-disco, since it's pure italo. I couldn’t find any information on Sally at all since she’s still really ‘fresh’, but I did find an interview with the produced where he said she’s really shy, and wouldn’t even perform the song at its release party!
Linda Sundblad – Oh Father Remember when I tried to get you all excited about the solo project of Lambretta’s amazing front person Linda Sundblad, after hearing it’ll be all ‘80’s danceable electro-pop’? Well, her debut single has arrived now, and has already been hitwarning of the week on Rix FM. It’s nothing like I expected though. It’s not very electro and 80’s at all, I’d rather describe it as guitar based cute-pop (or something). I expected something with attitude, in the lines of “What You Waiting For?” by Gwen Stefani or “Who’s That Girl?” by Robyn, since she’s been absolutely mad in the videos she did with Lambretta (just watch this and this!). I didn’t quite want her to calm down. And the lyrics are confusing. It’s about God, and about coming to heaven. But in the chorus she sings “Oh father I’ve been touching myself and I’m worried, is heaven still open for me?”, which makes me think the whole song is ironic? Or? I can’t tell! I know she’s sung that she doesn’t believe in God in previous material, but has she converted? Even the album is called “Oh My God”. Or could it be so that she’s just being a faux-Christian to piss people off? That’d be brilliant! Anyway, it’s still a rather nice song, and even though it’s not what I expected, I still have high hopes for the album (I mean, Nåid and Max Martin have both written songs on it).
8 Comments:
I think Oh Father is a bit of a joke, or courting controversy. Personally I think it's a great song - sounds very sweet but then has cheeky lyrics.
Do you have the new robyn/teddybears song? Girliestyle?
Pinkiedust: I've heard it a couple of times, and I can assure you that it's brilliant! Although I don't have a proper MP3 of it.
l can make u happy! Its all about ironic.... ;=)
LINDA S
It is sertainly cool. Hey if Linda recognice this message. Can you still remember that crazy girl when you were going at the Rudenschöldskolan who were always talking about Elvis Presley? That you might have been very annoyed about? This is me, telling you that I wish you a really happy sucess with the solo-project and that I am not that fanatic about Elvis any longer!
Love Leelene
That chick-from-Lambretta's song is a huge Madonna rip-off - and what a load of BS Madonna is, yeecch!!
To be honest Linda Sundblad always sound like she has something stuck up her nose, she did that in Lambretta and she is still doing it now.
Its not as much guitarbased qute-pop as being massproduced generic crap. But then again thats what you get when you hire boring ppl like Max Martin. Sure he's technically good but that doesn't make it fun to listen to.
And about her christianity i would not put to much weight to it. I dont really think she puts that much thought into what the record company lets her sing. She's just happy to have a career. Fine nothing wrong with that. But it would be great if she actually had a good voice, and was given something even slightly more fun than Max Martins boooring tunes.
Nice post thanks forr sharing
Post a Comment
<< Home