Tuesday, October 03, 2006

» "I never knew you would like this"

My Darling YOU! – We Break Up On Friday
In one minute My Darling YOU! manages to include everything pop music is about to me. They’re wonderful! It’s happy, fun, melodic, intensive, modern and pure pop. You can find it on their new EP “My Heart Beats To Fast For Our Friendship To Last” which you can buy here.

Zeigeist – Cuffs
One of the most interesting new acts this year is definitely the bizarre electro-pop band Zeigeist. After the blogosphere-hyped “Tar Heart” which I posted a while ago, a few new songs have surfaced, and they’re also good. “Cuffs”, which without doubt is the best one of the new bunch, is an aggressive and dark electro song which holds a nice tempo in the beginning, to explode in an amazing falsetto/Jake Shears moment towards the end.

Bonus #1: Bunny – Fun lyrics!
Bonus #2: Giving U Up – Kylie cover!

Peter, Björn & John – Amsterdam
‘Young Folks’ was the summer anthem for all my indie-type friends. I remember hearing it the first time on Swedish radio station P3, and didn’t care much for it. But after a few hours I began whistling on the melody of the song, but I couldn’t figure out what song it was! It bothered me for days until I heard it again on the radio. Then I also realised what a fantastic song it is. The female singer on the track is Victoria Bergsman, and has been one of the members of Swedish pop group The Concretes since they formed a couple of years ago. But only a few weeks back she announced she’s quitting the group. In my opinion that was a great move by Victoria, since The Concretes has to be one of the dullest pop groups in Sweden, like, ever!. Though judging by her new official site, she won’t be any more interesting solo. Peter, Björn & John are also known (at least by me) for their dull music. That’s why I was utterly shocked when I listened to their latest album and actually liked what I heard! ‘Amsterdam’ quickly became my favourite, probably because of its great melody which caught me instantly. Hopefully it’s the next single - we need a video for this song.

Bonus: Young Folks – In case you’ve missed it.

4 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger Oswald said...

I hate that I can't listen to the songs at work (since some stupid firewall protects everything fun)...
I'm dying to hear the Zeigeist Kyliecover and the new song from previous favourites My Darling YOU!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Pierre said...

We all know how Kelly Osbourne plagiarised Visage's Fade To Grey for One Word. Now she'll have a taste of her medicine since Cuffs is essentially a reworking of One Word (the choruses are almost exactly similar).

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Oswald: Aw, we have the same thing here. Very annoying, isn't it?

Pierre: Hahaha, very true when I think about it. I always thought it reminded me of some song, so thanks for that.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Oswald said...

Yeah, THANKS!
I've been trying to find out which song that is for some days now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home