» I'm a boy on a mission
Ville Niskanen – Hit Me Like ThatThis is one of the rejects from this year’s season of Idol, but I’d still say he’s the one who has gotten the most attention out of all the actual contestants with tons of articles about him in several different Swedish newspapers. Basically because when he searched last year he was overweight, and now he had lost all this weight just so that he would go through. This is his debut single, and I must say I like it a lot! The writers of this song used to work with Christina Aguilera in her “poppier” days, and you can hear that in this song. It’s a really old-school late 90’s pop song with a cheesy pop production and catchy melody – just like in the golden days. Apparently it’s already sold 12.000 digital copies (which is quite a lot in Sweden) just in a couple of days, and is set to reach the number one spot when it’s released physically next week. Deservedly so!
Elin Lanto – As Long As I Can Dream I don’t like Elin Lanto much. I don’t really know why but I just don’t get her. But despite that I bought her debut album for some reason, and as I expected it was mostly crap, but I fell for this one. It’s a cute little ballad which should’ve been a single instead of the dreadful ‘We Fly’. If you’re a fan of Marit Larsen you’ll probably like this song as well.
2 Comments:
I really like "Hit Me Like That"; so poppy and happy! I don't know how I would have found out about it otherwise--thanks!
Ville is a friend of mine. He's really great!
Post a Comment
<< Home