Wednesday, October 25, 2006

» Sing in Japanese, I'll dress up as your geisha

West End Girls – Go West
A bit of an exclusive here at Catchy Tunes of Sweden today! Here is a, in Sweden, previously unreleased West End Girls track. This time the Pet Shop Boys’ big hit “Go West” from the album “Very” gets a poppy makeover, and believe me when I say that the West End Girls have never sounded as poppy as this. You could almost mistake it for an A*Teens track! Apparently it’s a bonus track on the Japanese version of the album, which is called “We Love Pet Shop Boys” (crap title, isn’t it?) The song is obviously brilliant, and the production is poppy and electro and ace as usual, but the choir makes the song sound like a succer anthem, and I’m not too found of that. It reminds be a bit of that horrible DJ Ötzi who had a couple of hits a couple of years ago.

Helena Paparizou – The Game Of Love
The former Antique star and Eurovision winner Helena Paparizou has finally completed her second English album. I’ve been listening to it a lot this week, and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by it, because I wasn’t a big fan of her first album “My Number One”. Although it includes some boring ballads a la Jill Johnson it still manages to keep a high standard on the up-tempo songs, especially “The Game Of Love” which fast became my favourite. It follows in the veins of her previous singles “Heroes” and the acetastic “Mambo”, and if it ever becomes a single I’m sure it’ll be a big hit.

Bonus: Gigolo – The opening track which, despite completely stealing the “dum-di-dum” bit from Teddybears’ “Cobrastyle”, is really rather good. Makes me want summer back. Now.

9 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Im a fan of your blog...I was wondering it may be a bit of an imposition but Her album wont be released here in Canada until who know when...would u consider uploading the whole thing...Id be so very greatful

Warm Regards

Daniel

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helena's album was released in Canada yesterday!!!

Incredible album!

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The game of love was posted allready!! but its still good=)

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Robpop said...

Helena's album is brilliant! Thanks for the japanese bonus track!

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a bonus track...what is it called?

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Chrille said...

Sorry, we don't upload entire albums. And anonomyous; Rob is talking about "Go West", there aren't any bonus tracks on Helena's album as far as I'm concerned.

 
At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...been waiting 6 months for the English version and it certainly doesn't disappoint! I really think the fantastic 'Gigolo' English version will be the song that gives her worldwide success. However, as with 'Soul' off the last one, I still think 'Hearts on Fire' is my favorite off the new one--what a great uplifting 70s dance song. This lady is incredible and making a run at the States right now, dominating the dance charts with No1. Go Helena!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Helena just gets better and better!

Oh and the West End Girls track is great, I wonder why we didn't get it on the album. I've never understood why the japanese market gets all these bonus tracks!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh! I haven't heard these English versions until now. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home