¬ Pop with sugar, please
Steso Songs – The WorseSteso Songs was one of the support bands of Marit Bergman when I saw her live a few months ago. I instantly became a fan, she was really cute and so was her music. On this song she worked with Nicklas Stenemo (former member of The Mo), and I must say they make quite a team – this song is frigging amazing. “The Worse” is her debut single, and I’m sure P3 will pick it up pretty soon and make it massive. It deserves to be, being catchy as hell and poppier than most things on the Swedish indie scene right now. It sounds a bit like Jenny Wilson high on sugar, and her voice is so bright that you could think she’s singing with her lungs full of vacuum. I also love it a little bit extra because while performing it she did an ace dance routine and threw silver confetti all over the place. Very ace indeed!
Bonus: Flip Flop (ft. Bobby Baby) – This song is a bit crap to begin with, but after a few listens you’ll discover how tremendously ace it is. The synths, the brilliant lyrics and the growing melody make the song very interesting. Just listen to the chorus; “I went to the beach in my flip flops // to take the time to listen to some hip-hop // tonight I will go to the disco // and dance my feet away to the blip blop”.
Koop – Come To MeI’m usually against everything jazz. With the exception of Amy Winehouse it’s just generally crap. But I’ve been loving this little jazz number ever since I first heard it. Despite the fact that it obviously is very typical jazz, it feels quite modern and catchy. Though the biggest reason I like it has to be the extreme jolliness of the track, I get happy whenever I hear it. Give it a few listens and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it also! Koop is an androgynous jazz boy-duo with a lot of make-up and interesting outfits, and “Come To Me” is the first single from their second album “Koop Island” which was released here in Sweden last month.
3 Comments:
may i suggest a christmas post for your marvy blog?:
Magnus Carlsson- wrap myself in paper.
it is MILES better than Andreas' new single Dollar Queen- and much more festive!
have an ace crimbo!
much love,
Mordi x
Ah, great! I've been trying to download that Koop-song but i've failed. Thanks for uploading it :)
aha! i love jazz! it makes me relax and forget about my worries.this song reminds me of artists like norah jones and patti austin. though this is an unfamiliar artist i totally dig it. nice one!
Post a Comment
<< Home